We are very happy the cubs won the way they did and the cursed is reversed. The goat was always meant to be a good luck charm which is why Billy “Goat” Sianis took the goat to the game in 1945 so they could finally win the world series after losing 7 series since 1908. The curse became a legend gradually as the cubs kept losing since the moment the cubs kicked the goat out in 1945. We’ve recently noticed some connections to the past:
- The last time the Chicago Cubs won a World Series game prior to this year was in 1945 on 10/8 (108) in extra innings…the score was 8 to 7……In 2016 the Cubs won the World Series in extra innings to break the 108 year drought…the score was 8 to 7.
- Game 4 1945, after a brief rain delay, the goat was kicked out because the rain caused the goat to smell and fans were complaining. This year after a brief rain delay the cubs won the world series.
- October 22 is an important day:
– 10/22/1970 – Billy “Goat” Sianis passes away
– 10/22/2011 – Theo Epstein signs with Cubs
– 10/22/2016 – The Chicago cubs clinch the pennant for the first time since 1945